Thursday, November 27

Autumn Travels!

If you're getting your popcorn out for a post about fashion put it away darling because I'm in the mood for a little chat haha!
I thought I'd just do a quick update on what's been happening in the past few weeks! 
So the weekend just gone I went to visit my pal Sam (hey Sam!!) in Edinburgh and ohhhh my FRICKING god if you haven't been before like me, GO. It's up there in the top 5 picturesque cities i've ever been to, especially in the winter with the pink skies and frosty wind, it's just beautiful! They have little dainty shops which sell the most adorable antique jewellery and keepsakes which were just right up my street! And.. what with me being the big tartan lover than I am, I was in heaven haha! There was at least 3 or 4 tartan or cashmere shops on every row down the mile as well as about a gazillion whisky shops! Of course I picked myself up a box of traditional Scottish shortbread biscuits as well.
(you could say that it was just all in all a good weekend!)
And my favourite photo from the whole trip.. I made it my mission to get a photo with a man in a kilt & did I succeed? Why yes, with a little help from my friend Jade!

2 days after I returned home from Scotland I got a phone call off my cousin asking if I wanted to go down to London for the day while he had an audition, I couldn't say no to a little Oxford Streret shopping on my day off now could I! So half 7 in the morning we hopped on our coach for the brutal 6 hour journey down to London, if only you could've saw the two of us.. fast asleep with our heads back, catching flies haha! I'm writing this blog post waiting for the coach back now, and I couldn't even begin to tell you all how much I'm dreading it. So anyway, I'm always partial to a little shop here and there and with payday only 2 days away I thought whyyyyy the hell not!?!? Come at me Victoria's Secret!! And I also finally got to experience the beauty that is 'Liberty of London', I've walked past there so many times before but I've never actually went in but i had a little time to kill so I dragged my cousin in and we had a look round! I didn't actually realise how expensive half the things in there was but I treated myself and seeing as it's Christmas I picked up a little decoration for my tree as a reminder of the day! 


I would definitely recommend going at this time of the year especially if you're lacking a little with the Christmas spirit! All the lights made me feel so festive and it just got me even more excited! The lights on Regent Street, Oxford Street and Carnaby Street looked amazing and I couldn't even begin to tell you how magical Selfridges looked. 

The following week I returned to London with an exciting trip to the Warner Brothers Studios for a tour of the Harry Potter set! And my oh my it was amazing, my childhood was brought to life right before my eyes and I couldn't have been more happy. Don't get me wrong it sort of, well I wouldn't say ruined but the films sort of lost that spark about them now that I know everything wasn't as magical as it seemed on screen haha, but i'd definitely recommend it if you're a huge Harry Potter geek like me! Here's a little inside to the tour, I went whilst it was Christmas time and the Great Hall was decorated with holly reefs, trees, plastic turkeys on the tables and a flaming Christmas pudding. So if you're planning on going in the next few days/weeks you'll see the beauty that is Hogwarts in the snow! 


brace yourselves..

AMAZING ISNT IT??
My childhood brought to life!

That's all for this post anyway, I hope you've enjoyed it! Keep an eye out for more Christmassy posts coming soon, including a homemade Nutella hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows created by yours truly! 

Bye now! Xxx

p.s. I don't know why the fonts are different on this post, my computers going a little cray cray! 

search my blog!