Wednesday, August 13

Friendship Goes A Long Way..

Hellooo pals
This is more of a lifestyle post today just because I feel like writing on here helps me get a lot off my chest. Others enjoy writing in a diary or a journal or whatever but speaking to people on my blog helps me get answers instead of wondering to myself different possible answers, so..

Ever feel like you're slipping away from your friends? Or that you just don't matter to anyone? Do you feel like it's always YOU to make the effort with everybody else?
Well, I'm sort of feeling a bit like that now. Not with the one particular group of friends that I have, don't get me wrong if any of my friends are reading this right now please don't be offended. Anyway, recently I feel as if I'm basically by myself. I'm constantly in work and on my days off I don't wake up until the afternoon because of all those stupid late shifts which means I don't have the time to make any plans with my friends. Luckily for me I have the one friend to properly speak to, they know who they are because we're completely on the same wavelength. I love all my friends but it's just sometimes I seem to be the one to make the majority of the effort and I know everybody says that when you leave school and what not you'll soon see who your real friends are and do you know what? I have. I would die for my friends, as one of them said a few months ago, we're each others kids 'aunties', you know like you have that family friend that's classed as an Aunty, well that's us! 

I sometimes feel like it's just me to make the effort like when it comes to apologies to others, I say sorry first when it wasn't my fault to begin with. I suppose I just do this for an easy life really, you see I reaaaally hate hassle that just isn't relevant or life-changing. I thought I'd do a little advice post on what to do if you're currently in this situation or if you ever find yourself in my position in the future.



1. Be your own person - Don't change to make others happy. Don't feel as if you have to change your personality or looks to impress someone else, it won't be worth it in the end. If your 'friends' are your real friends, then they should accept you the way you are. 

2. Do what you want to do - I love doing my own thing! I love wearing what I feel comfortable in, I don't dress to impress other people, I don't dress for compliments and I certainly don't dress to impress boys. They're either going to like you for who you are or they're most definitely not worth it. 

3. Things will change - It's inevitable! Things are going to change, i'm slowly learning to accept this. I absolutely hate change! But the one thing that stays in the back of my mind is 'not everyone you lose is a loss'. We're all growing up and people change, your friends are going to get other friends and boyfriends and sometimes you just have to stop making the effort and see how long it takes for them to realize, by then you'll be moved on and those people won't be worth the effort anymore. But trust me, as soon as that one person annoys them or their boyfriend ends things they'll be straight back to you in a heartbeat and like me, you'll have to be the shoulder they need to cry on.

4. Always make sure you have someone to talk to - I'm glad that I have a few friends that I can speak to about different things. Different circles of friends is a good thing, it helps you see others from a different perspective. You may think that falling out or losing contact with your friends is the end of the world but sometimes some of your 'friends' are just a small chapter of your life that can be replaced later, I know that sounds pretty harsh but trust me if they're true friends they'll know when you're in need of a girly chat or some advice.

Some of this advice seems a little harsh but believe me, your friends are your friends for a reason. They know all your flaws and problems, even the ones you're ashamed to admit! They appreciate you for who you are and they'll love you no matter what. Communication is the key really, if you're trying your hardest and getting no response those people aren't worth your time. 

At the end of the day, you should be happy, you shouldn't feel upset and sad when it comes to thinking about your pals, they're your 'girls' for a reason. So to round this all off, I just wanna say a little thanks to my small group of friends who I don't see very often but when we get together one of us always ends up with their head down a toilet (me), or rolling around the floor in the Lloyds (Beth), or attracting complete freaks (Enya) and last but not least having a rap off in the middle of a club to Macklemore (Becca), I love ya gals and even though 2/4 of us have boyfriends nothing could ever change, even after a bottle of rose! <3




If you've read this far, well done! haha, I feel like I've went off a bit in this post but I get a tad carried away, sorryyyy!

Bye now! xxx



search my blog!