Tuesday, May 5

MET Gala Ball, Best & Worst!

Welcome baaaaaack!
If any of you weren't lucky enough to catch the red carpet of the MET Gala Ball last night you would've missed out on drooling over some of THE most b-e-a-uuuutiful dresses I have ever laid eyes on! If I ever had a spare £25,000 (yes twenty five bleedin' grand!) I'd buy myself a ticket. 

So I have to start with the power couples, beginning with none other than Kimye! How amazing does Kim look in this absolutely drop dead Roberto Cavalli number which is somewhat similar to Beyonce's Givenchy Haute Couture that she wore to the event three years ago, but they're both unbelieveable regardless! Even though Kanye is seen as a a not-so-nice person in the public eye I'd give a limb for a man to look at me like he does at Kim, it's so beautiful! He arrived in a black suit with tassled detail on the bottom hem looking proper dapper but his little lady stole the show from him in that dress.
VERDICT: BEST.








































Now we can't forget none other than the 'King and Queen of the MET Ball' Mr & Mrs Carter. Holyyyyyy shiiiiizz Beyonce looked UNREAL in bedazzled see-through Givenchy masterpiece! Only Beyonce can arrive 2 hours fashionably late and still make everybody's jaws hit the floor. The simple hairstyle of a high pony and minimal make-up drew everybody's eyes to the dress. If I look that good at 33 I'll be high-fiving myself to the grave!
VERDICT: BEST



Rihanna never fails to shock people with her fashion choices and the ball this year was no exception. Last night she lived up to that reputation of hers as a 'fearless fashionista' in a canary yellow showstopper of a dress with a train that could probably cover a house. The dress took a reported 2 years to make and was designed by Chinese designer Guo Pei.
After scrolling through hundreds of meme's on Twitter and Facebook of her dress being made into things like pasty's I had to attempt to calm myself after my mum said she looks like a 'giant omelette'. 
Verdict: WORST



Another lovely lady who never fails to amaze me is J-Lo. My ultimate girl crush. At 45 years old she is possibly one of the hottest women on the planet and last night she did not disappoint in this Versace gown. The ruby colored dress gave her the chance to show off her naked boot-ay thanks to a big hole on the side. The dress fitted in with the theme of the night thanks to strategically placed embellishments covering all her lady bits looking like she was wearing a fire breathing dragon. In the words of Mika our J-Lo's got 'curves in all the right places' and she's never looked better!
VERDICT: BEST.


Okay, so normally I'm all for expressing your own style and I love anyone who is confident enough to dress however they want but Katy Perry last night was a serious disappointment. Usually she looks nothing less than perfect on red carpet events but I just wasn't feeling the whole graffiti vibe she was going for as well as the long matching gloves and matching spray can purse. This Moschino statement dress failed to impress me unfortunately. 
VERDICT: WORST. 


Being the model of the moment I expected better from Kendall Jenner, I'm not gonna lie now.. I definitely think her emerald Calvin Klein dress was a down-grade to her stunning Topshop gown that she rocked last year. I'm loving the little side-boob action she's got going on and the lace up detail at the side but the dress just didn't do it for me. Although I look her simple makeup and sleek hairstyle.
VERDICT: WORST.


Now for my love Gigi Hadid. She is possibly one of the most naturally stunning girls I think I've ever seen. Last night she stunned everyone in this gorgeous rose-embellished dress designed by Diane von Furstenberg with a naughty little thigh-high slit and strappy pointed-toe heels. Hers simple and elegant look is definitely top of my 'best dressed' list.
VERDICT: BEST.


Now last but not least I have to say.. this is my personal 'worst dressed' of the night. Sorry Anne Hathaway. Is it just me that think she looks like a dodgy sorta fashionable-ish Jedi? Her Ralph Lauren dress made from a metallic fabric was definitely a no-go for me, especially with the conjoint hood that made it even worse (sorry not sorry). 
VERDICT: WORST.


Let me know in the comments who was your best and worst dress last night! 

Bye now! xxx

No comments:

search my blog!