Wednesday, November 12

Winter Waves!


curls courtesy of the - Remington Silk Curling Wand! << BUY IT HERE

Ello! Ello! Ello!
On a recent shopping trip to Boots I picked up a new curling wand for my hair. Now, I'm not really one for doing much to my hair, I don't have the patience to sit in front of the mirror for hours curling piece by piece and I've never actually used a wand on my hair before but oh my lorrrrrrrd have I been missing out haha!
They're so easy to use and literally take around 10 minutes to make you look like a completely different person. I felt like Beyonce in Austin Powers with a huge afro.. obviously mine wasn't as big as hers but you feel me! 

So I thought I'd do a step by step to show you how I went from my natural boring hair to these gorgeous effortless waves, let's go shall we..

1. First, pull all your hair back into a tight-ish pony at the back of your head.
2. Start by sectioning your hair into smaller pieces.
3. Then take each part and wrap it round the wand, hold it there for around 10-15 second! NOTE: not too long though, you don't wanna end up like that girl whose hair fell off!!
4. Keep repeating this until all the pony is curled.
5. Once all your hair is curled, take the bobble out and run your fingers through your hair.
(don't be too intense with this step, you don't wanna end up with an afro!)
6. When you're happy with how the curls look spray them with hairspray and scrunch your hair up to make sure the curls stay in! 
(don't worry if they're really tight right now, they'll drop throughout the day!)
7. Finally, style them how you wish!


(this was later on in the day so the curls had dropped!)

And you've got your finished product! I loooooove having curly hair, it makes me look so much older and I think it really adds something to your look even though it only took 10 minutes! There's just something about girls who can work the 'effortless' look, if you're one of those girls.. I ENVY YOU. I prefer the looser waves rather than the tight curly one, I don't really enjoy looking like a poodle!

Let me know if you enjoyed this and I may do more in the future, I'm thinking an everyday make-up look to come soon or an autumnal make-up post. ANYWAAAAAY.. throw a comment my way if you liked this!

Bye now! xxx


No comments:

search my blog!